JIC Flare Fittings
JIC Flare Fittings Design and Construction
- It serves as the tube flare’s gripping surface.
- It serves as the tube nut’s bearing surface. The sleeve separates the tube from the nut, reducing tube twist during installation, which is a common issue with 2-piece flare fitting designs.
- It helps to stabilise the tube flare. During assembly, the tapered fitting nose tends to “squeeze open” the tube flare. The sleeve resists this expansion, removing the danger of the tube flare and sleeve sticking inside the nut. This avoids torque waste and allows for simple removal.
JIC Flare Fittings Sizes
- A 1/2″ o.d. flared tube can be attached to a fitting with a -8 (1/2″) sleeve and a -8 (1/2″) tube nut.
- A 12 mm sleeve with -8 (1/2″) tube nut can be used to connect to a 12 mm o.d. flared tube.
- When linked to a hose swivel, a fitting without a nut and sleeve can be used as a 1/2″ hose adaptor.